blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Thursday, August 13, 2009

Things even out

Although the first half of last week was sort of horrible, things improved dramatically and quickly. Last Thursday our intern seminar was moved from our usual stuffy conference room in the hospital, to (I kid you not) the beach. Instead of a lecture we had a beach party. Then on Friday my afternoon intake client showed up, but decided he actually didn't want services in our clinic and left, which meant that I was able to catch up on all my work, and leave by 4:30. And as I got home, Jeff was walking up the street, having just gotten off a bus from the airport. We had a lovely weekend of exploring town a bit, dinner out, snorkeling, and finally introducing Jeff to a few of the other interns I work with. It was good (for pictures, see Jeff's blog). The early part of this week was busy but manageable (I haven't stayed more than a half-hour late at work this week), and then yesterday when I expected to have another really long day, exactly zero clients showed up for my afternoon drop-in group. That was basically a gift of two hours yesterday, and meant leaving work right on time. So it turns out that karma works pretty fast here, and putting in some extra effort is rewarded with breaks. I hope things continue to work that way!

Today no one was scheduled for my intake slot, so I am taking the opportunity to write this blog post, which may mean getting slightly behind and having to play catch-up tomorrow. But I've been finding that when I get home I'm pretty exhausted, and I don't really feel like being on the computer much. Which is, incidentally, also why I haven't replied to any e-mails in the last month or so. I apologize for that, and promise I'll get back into the groove of things soon.

Last night I went to see "Julie and Julia" with a couple of other interns at a movie theater near work. It was a really fun movie! I would have liked more Julia and less Julie in the movie, to be honest, but there was enough Julia to make it worth watching :)

1 comment: