blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Thursday, October 01, 2009

25% Complete

First: No major updates on the health statuses of my colleagues. The good thing about that is that it sort of means there's breathing room, if only temporarily. I'm hoping for the best on all fronts, and in the mean time, at least no news isn't bad news :)

Today marks an internship milestone: I'm a quarter of the way done! It's kind of amazing, because in some ways it doesn't feel like I've been here that long, but in other ways it feels like I've been here forever. The not-that-long parts are that I still don't feel quite like I live here; I still sort of think I'm at summer camp. And since we're still having summer weather, I can almost believe that. And also, I feel like I'm still learning what the heck I'm doing in some respects (although that is starting to change).

The feeling like forever parts are sort of varied, positive and negative. First, it feels like it's been way too long since Jeff and I lived together. I'm starting to adjust to this routine, but I really miss the day-to-day interactions, like making dinner together, or just being able to go for a walk. But in a way, it also feels like it hasn't been that long, and like it will be easy to step right back into those things we used to do every day, so that one is mixed in itself.

It also feels like it's been forever since I saw all my dear Eugene friends and colleagues. I'm really looking forward to seeing a few people during my next Seattle trip (it takes good friends to drive 5 hours for such a short visit!), and a few more when I'm back in town for Thanksgiving.

The flip side of that is that there are a couple of people here who I feel like I've known much longer than 3 months. There really are good people here; people who will probably become very good friends. But don't worry, they will never replace my old friends :)

I'm curious how I'll feel about all this another 3 months from now when it's half done!

1 comment:

Jeph said...

Hmmm... well, technically when it's 50% done you won't be missing me much, cause we'll be celebrating New Years together! I'm looking forward to that :)