blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Monday, June 07, 2010

Future new home

Last week, Jeff moved into what will be our new home up in Seattle. He found us a very cute house to rent up near the top of Queen Anne hill, which is one of the nicest neighborhoods in the city. The house is walking distance from nice restaurants and shops, but the neighborhood is also very residential, which means we are also walking distance to parks, and it's quiet and homey. And, since the neighborhood is at the top of the tallest hill in Seattle, there are some lovely views.

The house itself is also incredible-- the largest home we've ever lived in, with tons of space for us, and a great little yard that has a bit of space for gardening. It's on a corner, set back from the street, so we don't have many neighbors to worry about, and don't really have to worry about traffic on the street either (our kitties will be safe in the yard). I have only seen the house one time, for just a few minutes, but I can't wait to move in.

With all that is good, there has to be some bad, and the main bad is that I'm not there yet and won't be for a month. The end of internship is approaching (3 weeks, 2 days!), but until then, Jeff is in the house all by his lonesome. This also means that he had to 1) find the house all by himself, 2) decide on it without having me to weigh in on it, 3) pack all of our stuff, 4) move all of our stuff all by himself (with the help of some movers for the big furniture, 5) unpack all of our stuff all by himself (still in progress), 6) deal with all of the other stuff that comes with moving, like address changes, setting up utilities, etc., all by himself, and 7) purchase furniture to fill in some of the extra space (still in progress, but Jeff also did an amazing job of finding us a really good deal on some badly needed living room furniture).

Basically what this adds up to is that I am one lucky woman. When it's time for me to leave San Diego, we'll just be packing up my car, driving north, and when we arrive, the house will be waiting. My dear husband did an amazing job finding this place, and an amazing job doing all the moving-related stuff on his own, and I owe him big time.

It's a good thing our new place is near the best doughnut shop in Seattle, because next time I'm up there (in two weeks; my last visit before moving) I'm going to have to start handing out rewards for jobs well done.

1 comment:

Jeph said...

I mopped the whole basement floor! I need lots of donuts!!!