blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, August 22, 2010

Back to SD

Last weekend I was back in San Diego, briefly, to present a talk at the APA conference. I had the opportunity to see my advisor, and many former lab-mates, some of whom I hadn't seen in about 4 years. It was great to see everyone and catch up! I think there were a total of 10 of us in attendance at the conference at some point, and here are 8 (plus a pint-sized little off-shoot) having a picnic lunch:

I also visited with friends from internship, which was awesome. Unfortunately, I kept forgetting to take out my camera, so no pictures of fun times on the beach, out to lunch, at the zoo, and out to dinner. If there were pictures, they would include me very happily enjoying the company of Marina, Dana, Erik, and others, not to mention a speaker-phone call to Denise :)

When I got home, I was greeted by not one, but two Jeffs, as the second was in town to defend his dissertation and stayed with us for one night. Two Dr. Jeffs, one noticeably more tired than the other, the day after the defense:


Since my last post, I've been going kind of non-stop until this weekend (if you count conferencing/vacationing in SD as part of "going non-stop", which I do because traveling is exhausting). This weekend was a marked slow-down, which included lots of laundry-doing, quiet time at home, and a nice long sleep last night. I missed weekends like this all last year, with all the traveling back and forth between Seattle and SD. Jeff is getting ready to leave for a trip to visit family in a few days, but I won't be traveling for a while, and I'm looking forward to being home every weekend for the near future :)

No comments: