blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, February 05, 2012

Spring?

Two weeks ago we were digging out of a snow storm, and this weekend it appears to be spring!

Saturday morning Jeff and I went for a lovely 9-mile jog. This is the longest distance I have run in over 2 years (maybe longer?), and I am feeling really good to be getting into that kind of shape again. The motivation for the long runs is that we are training for a half-marathon, at the end of March, that involves running all the way around Mercer Island. Jeff ran it by himself last year, and this year I'm going to join him. We have 7 weeks to prepare to be able to run 4 miles longer than we did yesterday, which I'm hoping should be a breeze.

Speaking of breezes, yesterday afternoon we went out to Gas Works Park to fly kites:

Is it just me, or do I look like a vagrant in that picture? It's hard to figure out what to wear, being in a winter mindset with a sudden attack of spring weather.

The kite on the bottom right is mine:


And here's Jeff:


Punxsutawney Phil might have predicted 6 more weeks of winter, but I have my fingers crossed for a lot more early spring :)

2 comments:

Meredith said...

Way to go on half marathon training! I'll look forward to seeing race day pictures : )

elaine said...

Yay for a half! These pics make me want to live in Seattle!