Tuesday, September 04, 2012
Life goes on
For the past 2 1/2 months, Jeff has been keeping a blog with updates about my progress post surgery. At this point, blog posts are no longer only about my progress, they are more about life in general. So, I decided to move the blog back here.
Hopefully soon I will be able to post some photos, but so far I really haven't taken many since we moved. We still have no word on when our belongings will arrive, and so our house is still very unsettled. Right now I'm sitting in an empty room with papers scattered on the floor and two suitcases in the corner. This room will eventually be our office where we will have our desks and computers. But for now, the room is empty and sound echoes off the walls, interfering with my speech recognition software.
My progress toward recovery continues, and on Sunday I walked two laps around the track with the walker without taking a break. This means I can now walk a quarter of a mile. It only took me about 20 min., which is about five times longer than it would normally take me to walk the same distance. For perspective, about two weeks before leaving the hospital it took me that long to walk 200 feet. This is definitely measurable progress.
Yesterday Jeff took me on a walk in my wheelchair along what is called the south storm channel pathway, and it reminded me of the Amazon park pathway in Eugene. I hope that next summer I will be able to jog and bike along the many pathways here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

st
k
ng)
)
1 comment:
Welcome back to your blog!! That's crummy that your things haven't arrived yet - I bet the novelty of that wore off weeks ago. I'm glad you're getting to get out and enjoy some of Regina - I will be excited to see the photos!!
Post a Comment