blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, August 18, 2013

Trip to Eugene

There are lots of things I could write about for this post, but some of them will have to wait. I will do another post about summer in Saskatchewan soon. Today I will write about my trip to Eugene, which is where I was the last two weekends, and why I haven't posted for a while. Some of the highlights of the trip:


Our first full day in town after traveling and a good night's sleep, we celebrated our seventh wedding anniversary with dinner at a favorite restaurant, and a walk in Hendricks Park
 followed by ice cream at Prince Puckler's. The next day, we had the good fortune of seeing our friend Emily who is usually in Seattle but happened to be in Eugene for work. We had dinner on the outdoor patio of a pub down by the river, followed by a walk in Alton Baker Park, and once again ended the evening with Prince Puckler's ice cream.
 The following night, Jeff and I were in charge of organizing a bachelor/bachelorette party for my sister and her fiancĂ©. As best man and maid of honor we took our duties seriously, and did our best to embarrass the bachelor
 and bachelorette
 with a photo scavenger hunt followed by karaoke. Jeff is very much in his element organizing silly events and playing cool at karaoke.
 The evening after that we got to visit with our friend Alison and her baby just a few days before they moved across the country (we were lucky with our timing). Once again, after having some delicious Thai food, we decided to end the evening with some Prince Puckler's.
 The next few days after that are a bit of a blur. There was lots of getting ready for my sister's wedding, a little bit of visiting with other Eugene folks, and then the wedding itself. I don't have a single picture from those days, or from the wedding. But the wedding was lovely, and hopefully I will be able to post a picture or two in the future when I get some pics from someone else. The next day was spent hanging out with family, ending with a walk by the river
and of course one final visit to Prince Puckler's. Anyone who has talked with me anytime in the last couple of years knows that I really love my ice cream, and knows how much I lament no longer having access to an ice cream shop with really good high quality locally made ice cream in a ton of great flavors. I simply did not realize how unique that is, and somehow assumed that there must be ice cream shops like that everywhere. But there are not, so to anyone who lives in Eugene: don't take Prince Puckler's for granted. And to anyone who happens to make a visit to Eugene: be sure to visit Prince Puckler's. Obama did. End of ice cream rant.

The day after that we came back home. All in all it was a very nice visit, and I would say I was completely successful in my quest for good food, good ice cream, and good company.

No comments: