blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Monday, July 14, 2014

Oh the paces we went!

I have been negligent about blogging, I know, but there are good reasons – we spent a good deal of time out of range of Internet or cell phone service, when we were in range we were busy with vacationing and other matters, and when we got back (one week plus one weekend ago) we had many important and urgent things to attend to (so many weeds!, and rows of densely planted carrots that would not thin themselves). And so now, I will provide a partial update on the things we saw and did, by choosing some photos from my cell phone to share with you (Jeff has additional photos from his cell phone and his camera, but all in all we were not so great about taking photos – we were too busy actually enjoying what we were doing to take pictures of it :)).

A bathroom in Portland – is it necessary to tell people not to drink toilet water?

The Dee Wright Observatory in central Oregon

Taking a walk through the lava fields

Peterson Rock Garden – a very odd and interesting place, worth the slight detour

Painted Hills of John Day Fossil Beds National Monument

Sheep Rock, also at John Day

Wallowa Lake

Joseph Canyon

Two Medicine Lake, at Glacier National Park

The view from our campsite at Glacier
And an attempted visit to Grasslands National Park in Saskatchewan, largely thwarted by mosquitoes. You can't really tell in this picture, but there were thousands of prairie dogs. I used to love watching the meerkats at the San Diego Zoo, but seeing prairie dogs in their natural habitat is similar and in many ways better. Unfortunately I'm not sure that you can actually see them in this video, so you'll have to take my word for it :)


1 comment:

Emily Neuhaus said...

When I lived in Denver, I used to drive back from the airport past this huge field with tons of prairie dogs. It was the highlight of the days I had to drop Karen off at the airport - so cute!