blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, March 15, 2015

Announcement

I have an exciting announcement to make, but before I do see if you can guess what this sound is:



Not sure? Sounds like a bunch of static? It is actually a very poor quality recording of a heartbeat of a twelve week-old-fetus that happens to be residing in my belly. I made the recording on my phone last week at an appointment with our obstetrician, who says that at this point everything looks good. So yes, we are going to be parents! In some ways it is hard to believe that it is real, and yet there is that recording, proof that a tiny human is inhabiting my body.

There is very much to say, but it actually took me about half an hour to figure out how to get that sound file off of my phone and onto the computer, and then from there onto this blog, so I'm out of time for today but will post much more in the weeks to come :-)


1 comment:

elaine said...

I know that sound anywhere!! Congrats! We need a Skype date!