blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, June 28, 2015

Enjoying Summer

We had a week that was relatively uneventful, but enjoyable. Work is work, and the next month to month and a half will be fairly packed  for me in terms of stuff I have to get done, so I've been working on making a list and setting arbitrary dates for finishing things. But by mid August or so, I expect to be all done with major work things, and getting ready for baby full-time.

On Friday evening we had a new colleague and his partner over for dinner, and we intended to barbecue but there was an unexpected thunderstorm. It wasn't major, but just in case there was giant hail like the previous Friday, we ordered pizza instead. On Saturday during the day we did some baby shopping, and although going out shopping did not result in any purchases, we did make some purchases online. Then on Saturday evening we had friends over for dinner.

Today we drove about an hour and fifteen minutes to a provincial park that has a big sandy beach on a lake. We spent the afternoon swimming and reading on the beach. This is something we could never really do in Oregon, since all the lakes there are either mountain lakes and extremely cold or dammed rivers and extremely cold or muddy-bottomed and full of salamanders. Before moving here I have not really had the pleasure of really good lake swimming, and it turns out that it's tons of fun :-)

We are doing our best to enjoy summer now as much as we can, since I'm not sure how I will feel by late summer, and this is our last summer just the two of us. Most of the people at the lake today were families with children, and I'm sure that we will continue to do lots of the same things that we do now, but it will definitely be different. So it makes sense to enjoy what we have now, and look forward to what is to come!

No comments: