Sunday, October 18, 2015
Tongue tied
This will be a super short post. I have had some concerns about Maren's breastfeeding from the beginning - shallow latch, long feeding times - but was reassured by several nurses that all was well. Last week concerns were raised about her rate of weight gain - not terrible, but not ideal. We finally called a lactation consultant, and found out on Friday that Maren has a tongue tie (frenulum is keeping her tongue held in a position that makes effective feeding impossible). So now in addition to feeding her every two hours during the day and every three hours at night, I am pumping after each feeding to protect/improve my milk supply. It is like feeding went from being one full-time job to two, and we are quite sleep-deprived. We have an appointment to correct Maren's tongue tie tomorrow, and hopefully next blog post I will have time to say more!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

st
k
ng)
)
No comments:
Post a Comment