blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, February 05, 2017

Nudibranch

 Last night as I was putting Maren to bed, she suddenly looked up at me and said "noodle (pause) butt." I was not sure what she was trying to say, so I repeated back "noodle butt?," and she said "No. Noodle butt."  She kept repeating this, and I kept not understanding.

Then this morning, she was looking at a book that we got from the library (we have checked out this book probably two other times),  and it was finally clear that what she was trying to say was nudibranch,  which is similar to a sea slug, and pictured in the book.

 Maren's language is kind of crazy. She is starting to string words together, and is repeating almost everything we say, even if she doesn't understand it yet.  Tonight at dinner she said "mommy eat it" then "daddy eat it," then "baby eat it,"  when  deciding who should eat each pea. Here are a few videos from today – they are kind of long, so watch at your own risk, but I think they are amazing because they showcase  Maren's  awesome language development. The first one has the nudibranch.




No comments: