blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, November 12, 2017

Toilet time

Maren is toilet training. We were scared off of early potty training by the bad experience of some friends, but Maren was insisting that she wanted to pee in the potty, so we had to comply. I read a book, we got everything ready, and this is a long weekend for us, so we have three days. 

This photo is from a little over a week ago, but I think illustrates Maren's strong desire for potty training:


She was showing interest so we bought her a potty months ago, and she has had a lot of diaper free time at home. In the past couple of weeks she has peed in the potty a few times at home and at daycare. So we had no excuse for waiting, other than that in many ways it would be more convenient for us to wait. Maren has given us evidence that she is ready, has told us that she wants to pee and poop in the toilet, and has been distressed by her diapers for a while. So we decided to just go for it. We are using a three-day method, mostly following the prescribed protocol. This mostly just involves never leaving Maren alone, noticing signs of needing to pee or poop, and reminders to tell us when she needs to use the toilet. 

Based on how things are going in the first two days, I think that Maren will not have too much trouble with peeing in the toilet, but we have yet to have a successful poop. I think that part might take a while. In the meantime I guess we keep her in underwear even if there are poop accidents. It feels kind of strange, but in many ways it's not that different from diapers I suppose. Fingers crossed that this doesn't turn into a disaster!



No comments: