Every night before bed Jeff sings Maren a song. One of her favourites and most requested songs is “Baby Baby“ by Amy Grant. Lately she has been asking for variations. She has asked for “mommy mommy,“ “parrot parrot,” “wall wall,” and “parasaurolophus parasaurolophus,” to name a few. Tonight she asked for “chocolate chocolate,“ because she got to eat some chocolate for Easter. It is one of those things that I forget to blog about because it is so normal and commonplace these days. But also pretty funny when you step back and notice it.
We had a fun Easter with Maren. We coloured Easter eggs, had an Easter egg hunt this morning, and did Easter baskets (with chocolate eggs – Maren has been talking about chocolate eggs for weeks). Unfortunately she has been sick with some sort of stomach virus, which seems also to have made her have difficulty focusing her attention on anything for more than five seconds. So that took away from the festivities a little bit, but we still had a lot of fun. I got “Green Eggs and Ham” in my Easter basket, and Maren has asked me to read it three times so far, and has paid attention the whole time. I am pretty sure that has been her longest attention span today. I love that book, and I love being able to share it with my kiddo!

st
k
ng)
)
No comments:
Post a Comment