blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, June 10, 2018

Extra Toddler

Totally unprompted, here is the story that Maren and told about this painting: “It’s ET. ET is crying. I made a pony tail with his whole body. I’m gonna make some hair on him. I’m gonna make him a slide.”

I feel like there has been a developmental shift toward Maren being a bit more sophisticated. Not that the above quote sounds particularly sensical, but there are so many concepts that are part of it. I think a lot of her thinking has been heading in that direction. Yesterday I told her what the word dehydrated meant, and today every time she saw her water bottle she said “I’m dehydrated. I’m going to have a drink.“ which is super funny to hear coming from a two-year-old.

We have been taking more trips to park, the museum, etc., just me and Maren.


She is mature enough now to know that if she runs away I can’t run after her, so she can’t run away from me if she wants to have mommy and Maren time out of the house. I only had to tell her that once, and now she repeats it every time we are out of the house together. It is so much easier having a child who you can talk to and who understands what you’re saying. I am looking forward to all of the good times we will have as she gets older.

No comments: