blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, May 31, 2020

Backyard camping and gardening

This weekend was spent almost entirely in the backyard. We did tons of gardening and moving dirt around other things that will make our backyard eventually more usable. I don’t understand some of the things that the people before us did, but we are slowly correcting their mistakes and creating a very pleasant space.

Since we won’t be going camping anywhere this summer, we set up the tent in the backyard and yesterday morning we had a campfire. With money saved from cancelled trips, I bought a fancy fire pit. We just got it and have only used it once, but I already love it. Hardly any smoke, beautiful flames, and it will be perfect for roasting marshmallows.



Part of our gardening adventure this weekend was planting seedlings that we had started from seed inside the house. We got creative with finding spaces for things. It was only after coming in that I realized that we had planted 14 zucchini plants. If they all survive and all produce we are going to have to do with the ring the doorbell and run thing with bags of zucchinis.

No comments: