Happy new year! Lots of people have said that 2021 has to be better than 2020. I am not in the business of predicting the future, so all I will say is that I am sure 2021 will be different than 2020.
We haven’t gotten out of the house much other than walks around our neighborhood, but a few days ago we went to The Royal Saskatchewan Museum. Technically it is still in our neighbourhood because it is only about half a kilometre from our house, but we hadn’t been in a while so it was something different.
We celebrated New Year’s Eve with some homemade ice cream from a recipe in a cookbook my mom got me for Christmas, The Homemade Vegan Pantry. I was really unsure about the recipe because it is super simple and I have spent a lot of time trying to make good vegan ice cream and it isn’t always a simple endeavor. However, it turned out to be really good. We ate it with sprinkles 😊
I think I will use this basic recipe for my next ice cream attempt as well: I am planning to use the remnants of our gingerbread house, which we put in the freezer, to make a gingerbread cookie ice cream. I also made a super easy pancake mix from this cookbook, and we had pancakes this morning for breakfast which were really good. Once again I was a bit sceptical given how easy the recipe was, but it did not disappoint. Only two recipes so far, but two for two so I would definitely recommend this cookbook.
Last but not least, two super cute videos of Linden. If you only have time to watch one, I think you should watch the second one :-)

st
k
ng)
) 


No comments:
Post a Comment