blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, February 27, 2022

Big girl

 Over the past week Linden has decided to become a big girl. She started sleeping in her big girl bed instead of her crib. She is insisting on eating off of big plates instead of toddler plates. And then something happened that I was entirely unprepared for.

About four days ago she was playing with letter magnets on the dishwasher and she started sounding out the nonsense words she was making. I was impressed and curious, so I wrote the word “cat” and asked her to read it. She sounded it out and read it. We pulled out some cards that we had made for Maren when she was learning to read, and with a little bit of help Linden is legitimately reading:


Linden’s third birthday is on Tuesday. I am not really ready for her to be so grown up 😢

No comments: