blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, January 07, 2024

Potions

On Friday our oven started on fire while we were preheating it to cook dinner. Jeff yelled from the kitchen “the oven’s on fire!,” and I couldn’t really process that right away so I didn’t answer and he yelled again, with more urgency “the oven is on fire, what do I do?!” After telling him to close the oven door and turn it off, I made it to the kitchen where the flames were just dying down. What was supposed to be homemade pizza turned into a takeout pizza night.

We put in a “maintenance request” with the property management company, and haven’t heard a word. No one works over the weekend, so no surprise, but it occurred to me that if there ever was a real emergency -say the house burned down because we didn’t catch the oven fire immediately - there is no number to call. So that is a sign that we are not renting from such a great agency. 

As long as we don’t turn the oven on, life is normal. Today the kids made potions. Linden has decided that this potion Will bring her a spell book. She is not sure how it will arrive. It might come by magic, but it might come through the mail, or in a box delivered by courier. I have no idea why she decided this or how she came up with it but I kind of love it :-)




No comments: