blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, July 05, 2026

4th of July

 This year to celebrate Fourth of July, we spent the day with my family in Eugene on the third. We hung out at a park and played in the river.



At the end of the day we came home, got the kids ready for bed, then loaded them back into the car and went to watch fireworks at the end of a baseball game for our local collegiate summer baseball team. We were told that if you go up to the top of the parking structure near the stadium it is a good place to watch, and it turned out to be extremely close and totally un obstructed viewing. It is the first time our kids really saw a good fireworks show, and they thoroughly enjoyed it. It was a little loud for Linden and maybe next year we will not watch from quite as close!




Yesterday for the fourth, we hung out in our neighbourhood where our neighbours have a party and fireworks every year. Linden wanted to stay back a bit, so she and I were across the street in front of our house, and Jeff and Maren had front row seats (as did everyone else) 😁




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Linden’s firework-watching position is perfect. Very much what I would have chosen! Happy 4th!

Anonymous said...

(I come in as Anonymous? No! It is I, Dagmond P.W., aka Meredith Meyer)