After today, I have 8 days of internship left. As I am working on closing out my clients in those 8 days, I have a total of 18 hours of client contact left, between my individuals, intakes, and groups. Jeff will be arriving here on the 29th, and I am going to Seattle this weekend, for one last visit before moving exactly 2 weeks from today. So, all told, there are only 7 more days of long distance relationship left, and a total of 11 days left in San Diego (subtracting out this weekend, while I'm gone).
I am having those mixed feelings that come with endings and beginnings. Because while I'm ecstatic about returning to live with my husband again, and so excited about my new home, my new neighborhood, and my new job, I am also starting to get sad. I'll be leaving behind some incredible friends, a job I have actually really loved, and a city that I didn't realize I'd like as much as I do.
It's the curse of the good life-- when you have places and people you really care about, you are doomed to have a lot of pain when, inevitably, you have to separate.

st
k
ng)
)
1 comment:
Truly bittersweet.
Post a Comment