blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Getting caught up

Just over a week ago I was in a car accident that left me a little rattled and down one side mirror, but otherwise intact. The other driver and I were both turning right from adjacent turn lanes, and she was confused and distracted and veered into my lane, side-swiping my car (fortunately at a relatively low speed). I was angry for about a minute, but the driver and her passengers were clearly more shaken up than I was, and sadly, were here from out of town (which explains the confusion at the complex intersection) to be with an imminently dying close relative (which explains the distraction). Even though I have no fault whatsoever, I still have to supply all the time and energy that goes into filing police reports, calling insurance companies, and getting cars fixed. But, c'est la vie. I'm not sure whether to feel unlucky for being in the wrong place at the wrong time, or lucky for the fact that the accident was minor.

I'm less than a week away from starting my new job, and doing my best to get everything I possibly can done before that-- quite a range of things, from writing papers to buying shoes, going to the dentist, and going hiking, and just about everything in between.

In the fray, that whole post I promised about the end of internship and our trip up here has gotten lost. So, I'm just going to upload a bunch of photos, post the links here, and call it good :) These are my photos from throughout my internship year, and here are my pictures for the trip up to Seattle.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh no! My side mirror was side-swiped too! While my car was parked in my driveway. Also no fault on my part, but so much work to get fixed. I feel your pain, and will think of you as I find my way to the auto body shop...

Bridget said...

What a strange coincidence! Maybe we are somehow connected through our side mirrors-- I'll try to contact you through the mirror once it's fixed :)

Jeph said...

Ladies: Your side-mirror connection may only be sidereal in nature.