blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Wednesday, July 07, 2010

Limbo

Five days ago we finished packing up the car and left San Diego. Since then, I've felt like I'm in limbo-- we're taking our time on our trip, visiting friends and family along the way, and at this moment I am in the coffee shop at Powell's, far from SD but not quite arrived in Seattle, and feeling a little bit like I don't know where my home is. Since setting out last Friday, I've had a little bit of deja vu--I'm retracing my steps from my trip down to SD, returning to familiar places, but at the same time feeling just like I did a year ago, unsure and unsettled, setting out on a new adventure.

It's been so nice to visit friends (I'll say more about that in another post, with pictures) and at the same time, I've been going in and out of feeling sad. Partly because I miss my SD friends, and partly because seeing old friends reminds me a bit that I don't see them as often as I'd like. Visiting Eugene was a little sad, because some very important people have left in the year that I was away, and it will be harder to see them than it used to be.

The whole thing is mixed, and is another one of those reminders that in order to have good things in life, you have to be willing to be sad about their absence, and that sadness is a reminder of what you love (ACT, anyone?).

So yeah, I'm feeling a little sappy and sentimental, but I'm sure that will pass :) And when it does, I'll post again with some details from the end of internship, and our fun trip!

1 comment:

Emily said...

Welcome to Seattle!! Glad you made it safely and hope your kitties are treating you with appropriate love. Can't wait to see you - hopefully it will be soon!