blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Monday, February 01, 2016

Maren at four months

Maren turned 4 months old last Tuesday. She is growing steadily and is now 25 inches long (around the 80th percentile) and 13lbs 11oz (around the 40th percentile). In the past month she has developed a lot. She can roll over, laugh, and bats at toys that are put in front of her. She smiles all the time (except when we try to catch it on camera), and is generally a very happy baby.

Our biggest struggle currently is sleep. At 3 months old she would wake me up 1 or 2 or 3 times in the night. In the past couple of weeks she more often wakes me up 5 times in the night, and sometimes it has been as much as 7 or 9 times. I have read and heard of a 4 month sleep "regression," though I prefer the term "change." It can't be a regression because she never slept this badly before :) To be fair, it is really my sleep that has gotten worse, as she still doesn't really wake up fully anytime during the night. But she rouses partially, and I have to nurse her to get her back to sleep. I have gotten to a bit of a breaking point, and so we are going to try some new things this week. I hope that eventually things improve, and I think they will.

Despite all of the sleep problems, I still think she is the sweetest baby in the whole universe :) She has grown so much, and is starting to look like a big baby instead of a little baby. We have been taking pictures on each of her month birthdays, and here they all are:




No comments: