blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Monday, July 22, 2019

Balancing act

Maren is making fast progress on her balance bike. Jeff took this video a couple of days ago, and we were very impressed. But now she can balance for about five times as long, after only a couple more days of practice. We can’t believe how much she is suddenly able to do, and she seems so grown up!



Linden is chewing like crazy. I am sure her gums are bugging her, but still have no idea when those teeth will pop through.



Linden is also suddenly more aware of everything. She has been distractible for a while, but now it is kind of insane. She will find things to be interested in even in a dark, quiet room.

We are finding that it is really difficult to meet the needs of two active kids. I am sure that Maren is upset that we have to attend to Linden so often. I will say that I can read a book, but then Linden will need to nurse, and then she will need a diaper change, and then a nap. And it absolutely doesn’t help that right now Linden will only nap in a carrier. That means that every time she naps, either Jeff or I is unavailable. It is hard for Maren, especially when there is no parent available. So she acts out, and often tries to wake up Linden, which is bad for everyone. So it was very sweet when I caught her giving a carrier nap to her doll.



It is hard but we are figuring it out 😊

No comments: