Linden has started reaching and grabbing things with some reasonable accuracy. It is fun to watch her choosing what toys she wants, and becoming more active. Everything goes straight into her mouth. Everything. She drools like a faucet. I am sure I can see her two bottom teeth under her gums, but Jeff doesn’t see them so I guess it is possible that I am imagining it.
With her reaching and grabbing and putting everything into her mouth, we have to be careful not to let her get food. She isn’t quite ready for eating yet, but she might disagree. She watches intently when we eat, and has tried to grab food a few times. Usually babies don’t start on solid food until six months old, but I think Linden may be ready sooner. We won’t spoon feed her before then, but if she happens to succeed at swiping food from our plates we may have to let her experiment with chewing at least.
Meanwhile, Maren has started to read simple words, some with no help and others with a little coaching on the vowels. It is horribly unfair to beginning readers that vowels in English can make so many different sounds. But besides that she really can sound out words. We were unsure whether she was really reading or just figuring out the words from the pictures in books, but today I wrote some words on blank cards and she definitely read them. So we are pretty impressed, and super proud 😊
I love my precocious little girls!

st
k
ng)
) 
No comments:
Post a Comment