My good newses: 1) I finally have a new carpet in my bedroom! I moved out of the living room and into my bedroom a week ago, and although I haven't unpacked everything yet, I feel much more settled. 2) Jeff visited last weekend (yay!!). You can get his version of the trip on his blog, which I also added a link to on the sidebar. My version is: I was soo happy to see Jeff, and we had a really good weekend together. Then I got really homesick (and Jeff-sick) after he left. I think I had been adjusting to my new home and new routine, and then his visit reminded me how much I miss him (which is a good thing and a sad thing). But, I get to visit him in Seattle next weekend!!!
Less good: 1) Still no computer access at work, which makes my job very difficult. 2) Work is getting way way busier, so I'm pretty exhausted all the time. The internship directors tell me that people start settling in and looking less exhausted after labor day. Labor day is sort of a long time from now :(
Today was the San Diego pride parade. It was a fun parade, and all sorts of people came out to watch. Unfortunately, it's extremely hot today, the parade lasted almost 3 hours, and I made some errors in planning my sun protection. So I have a sunburn in the shape of a curved line approximately 2 inches wide running shoulder to shoulder across the middle of my upper back, a sort of a sail shape and a small circle on my right arm, and on the back of each leg a burn that runs from below my knee to halfway down my calf. I hate sunburns in general, but I especially hate the really stupid shaped ones. I think this is my lesson for the year, and from here on out I plan on being more careful.
But, the parade was fun. There were lots of floats,
and lots of people. It's hard to see in photos, but you can kind of see that the street is completely packed with people:
There were literally about 150,000 people there, all within walking distance of my house. My parade prototype is the Eugene celebration parade, and while this one was maybe not quite as home-grown feeling, it was a very community-oriented and positive event!

st
k
ng)
)
2 comments:
Now you have a stupid shaped tan...we missed you at the wedding! Stay cool, unburned, and as rested as possible :)
ouch! I feel your pain - literally and figuratively. I have the same back of the leg stupid shaped sunburn, and it is painful and ridiculous looking! Hope yours has faded by now! Be glad you're away from Eugene and our 102 degree weather this week...
Post a Comment