blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, February 26, 2012

Seven mostly unrelated statements

1. Today Jeff and I got to meet this baby:

Six-week old baby E. and her momma (our friend from grad school) are both looking beautiful, don't you think?

2. Sometime last fall I finally admitted to myself that I really do get migraine headaches. I went to my doctor, got a prescription for the kind medication you take when you feel a migraine coming on, and it turns out that these pills work pretty well like magic for me. Now that I know how to use these magic pills, and am able to stop in its tracks a process that used to mean feeling crappy for a couple of days at a time, I'm feeling pretty silly for not getting them a long time ago.

3. Jeff and I ran 11 miles yesterday, even though we only meant to run 10. Sometimes my mapping/planning skills are a little off, but we did fine! We are easily going to be ready for the half-marathon at the end of March.

4. Presidents day came and went and I have not planted my peas (as you may know, here in the northwest, we plant our peas on presidents day). I decided to wait for a cold spell predicted for this week to pass, and I will plant them next weekend instead.

5. I am now actually really studying for the psychology licensing exam. I have been "studying" since sometime last fall, then took a break for a couple of months, and just got back into it about two weeks ago. Now that I'm actually putting adequate time into it, I'm making progress.

6. Jeff has now been short-listed and/or interviewed by a total of 4 of the schools he applied to for jobs, and he is still a contender for two of them. He has a phone interview tomorrow, so fingers crossed!

7. I have applied to over 10 jobs so far, almost all of which are VA positions, with more upcoming application deadlines on the horizon. Last week I was offered a phone interview for a position in Honolulu! It's a temporary (2 year) grant-funded position through a research institute affiliated with the National Centers for PTSD. There are at least a dozen reasons why this might not work out, but keep your fingers crossed for me on Wednesday afternoon :)

1 comment:

Meredith said...

Nori!!!! She's so adorable...

So nice to hear/see news from everyone out there. Can't wait to come visit and see you, Jeff, Alicia, Alison, Dominic, Nori, and maybe, just maybe, the ever-elusive Dare (though she may be in Wisconsin by then).