blue·stock·ing (blstkng) n.
An educated, intellectual woman.

bid·dy (bd) n. Slang
1. A woman, especially a garrulous old one. 2. Nickname for Bridget.


Sunday, March 25, 2012

Mercer accomplished

Mercer Island half-marathon accomplished:






We finished, we made pretty good time (Jeff could have gone faster, but he stayed back with me the whole time), and I feel really good to have done it at all given my current health circumstances. Sometimes it is good to do hard things.

The run took absolutely everything out of me, and I spent most of the rest of the day in the recliner in the living room, alternately reading and "resting my eyes," with a cup of tea and a cozy blanket. I am sure I will sleep well tonight.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Awesome, congrats guys!! You are a strong, strong lady!!!

S. Pony said...

Amazing-o! That's quite the accomplishment!

SL said...

Hooray! You are awesome!

Emily said...

Congratulations! You look (and are!) victorious!! Excited to see you soon!